The Sargood Foundation works to provide all of those who are affected by Spinal Cord Injury (SCI) with opportunities to live life to the fullest. In Australia today, there is rightly a focus on the individual who is living with SCI but far fewer resources and support available to their families.
The Sargood Foundation is generously funding the SCI Family Support Grant of up to $25,000 per year for 3 years (2021 – 2023). This grant will support NSW based medical staff, Allied Health professionals or those with lived experience to develop an innovative and practical project that impacts positively on the families of those who are living with SCI.
Expected project outcomes
The Sargood Foundation are looking to fund a project that improves or contributes to one or more of the following outcomes for the family members of those who live with SCI:
- Health and wellbeing
- Social connections and integration
- Development of resources or information
The project can either:
- Innovate or pilot a new project
- Develop, refine or extend an existing project
Eligible candidates can apply for funding of up to $25,000 (excl. GST) per year for up to three years. The budget for this program is $75,000 over three years.
We encourage applications from NSW based medical staff, Allied Health professionals, or those with lived experience. Please see Guidelines for more information.
- EOI open on 1 April 2021 – completed EOI to be received 17 May 2021.
- Invitations to apply for funding will be sent out at the end of May 2021. These applications must be returned and received 31 July 2021.
- Applications to be evaluated by an assessment panel in August 2021. Part of the application process will be a brief presentation to the assessment panel about your project and this will happen in August 2021.
- Funding will be awarded from 1 September 2021 to the successful applicant. Projects may commence from early September 2021, pending approval, and must be underway by the end of October 2021.
Find out more
Visit The Sargood Foundation website to review the Guidelines, the Terms of Funding, and complete your EOI. Alternatively, you can email Susan Johnston with any questions or call on 0415 127 363.
View the SCI Family Support flyer here.