The Sargood Foundation may provide funding assistance for those Australian permanent residents with an SCI who wish to stay at Sargood on Collaroy, and who are not covered by (or not covered sufficiently by) insurance, supported by NDIS or icare and do not have the financial means to fund their own visit.
Where need can be demonstrated, The Sargood Foundation will consider requests to sponsor a stay for those who face financial hardship, have a particular rehabilitation goal or who are otherwise in need of the accommodation services provided by Sargood on Collaroy.
Who is eligible for funding?
Requests for funding assistance are assessed on a case by case basis. Some of the criteria taken into consideration by the Sargood Foundation in regards to an application for a funded stay may include:
- Must be an Australian permanent resident
- Are over the age of 65 and are not eligible for NDIS funding
- Live in an area where the NDIS has not yet rolled out
- Have an NDIS plan that does not cover all of your needs during a stay at Sargood
- Are in a situation that requires emergency relief
- Do not have the financial means to cover all of your stay but can contribute to part of it
How do I apply for a sponsored stay?
If you wish to apply for financial assistance towards your stay from the Sargood Foundation, please action the following:
Please contact Sargood on Collaroy on +61 2 8597 0600 and ask to be sent a Booking Enquiry Form.
As part of the Booking Enquiry Form you will be asked how you will be funding your stay.
Please select that you would like to apply for financial assistance through the Sargood Foundation.
You will then be asked four questions about your stay:
- Why are you applying for financial assistance?
- What goals are you looking to achieve by staying at Sargood on Collaroy?
- How much can you afford to contribute each night of your stay?
- Agree to being contacted by the Sargood Foundation and providing a promotional testimonial about my funded stay.
You may be asked to demonstrate your financial hardship by supplying the following documents. This may include: a copy of your tax returns showing your household income from the last financial year, copy of your concession card or other evidence from Centrelink or Government body.
Available dates will be offered by The Sargood Foundation keeping your preference of dates in mind.
Once we receive this Booking Enquiry Form, Sargood on Collaroy will be in touch with you to notify you regarding the outcome of your application.
The limit of financial assistance to any one individual will be five nights over any 3 year period or at the discretion of the Sargood Foundation.
All financial assistance is granted at the discretion of the Sargood Foundation and available funding. No appeal or correspondence will be entered into.
We are committed to protecting your personal information, and ensuring its privacy, accuracy and security. We handle your personal information in a responsible manner and we only use your personal information for the purpose for which it was provided to us, for related purposes (for personal information excluding credit eligibility information), or as required or permitted by law.