NDIS registered provider of short-term accommodation
The Sargood Foundation
The Sargood Foundation is a DGR (deductible gift recipient) registered charity that exists to support and resource the work of Sargood on Collaroy. The Foundation is committed to providing people affected by spinal cord injury (SCI) with the opportunities to live life to the fullest.
The Sargood Foundation may provide funding assistance for those Australian permanent residents with an SCI who wish to stay at Sargood on Collaroy, and who are not covered by (or not covered sufficiently by) insurance, supported by NDIS or icare and do not have the financial means to fund their own visit.
Where need can be demonstrated, The Sargood Foundation will consider requests to sponsor a stay for those who face financial hardship, have a particular rehabilitation goal or who are otherwise in need of the accommodation services provided by Sargood on Collaroy.
Who is eligible for funding?
Requests for funding assistance are assessed on a case by case basis. Some of the criteria taken into consideration by the Sargood Foundation in regards to an application for a funded stay may include:
- If the guest is over the age of 65 and not eligible for NDIS funding
- Available to Australian permanent residents only
- Priority will be given to new guests
- The limit of financial assistance to any one individual will be one stay in a 3 year period, as available funds need to be shared equitably among all eligible guests
- Nights are to be taken in a single stay
- Standard and Deluxe rooms only, no upgrades available
- A second room will be considered on a case-by-case basis, particularly for families
- Guests will be invited to contribute what they can afford to their stay
- Available dates will be offered by Sargood keeping guest preference of dates in mind
- All financial assistance is granted at the discretion of the Sargood Foundation and available funding. No appeal or correspondence will be entered into
Who is eligible for funding?
How do I apply for a sponsored stay?
If you wish to apply for financial assistance towards your stay from the Sargood Foundation, please action the following:
Please contact Sargood on Collaroy on 02 8597 0600 and ask to be sent a Booking Enquiry Form.
As part of the Booking Enquiry Form you will be asked how you will be funding your stay. Please select that you would like to apply for financial assistance through the Sargood Foundation.
You will then be asked four questions about your stay:
- Why are you applying for financial assistance?
- What goals are you looking to achieve by staying at Sargood on Collaroy?
- How much can you afford to contribute each night of your stay?
- Agree to being contacted by the Sargood Foundation and providing a promotional testimonial about my funded stay.
You may be asked to demonstrate your financial hardship by supplying documents such as a copy of your tax returns showing your household income from the last financial year, a copy of your concession card or other evidence from Centrelink or Government body.
Available dates will be offered by The Sargood Foundation, keeping your preference of dates in mind.
Once we receive this Booking Enquiry Form, Sargood on Collaroy will be in touch with you to notify you regarding the outcome of your application.
Funding will be awarded as a maximum 3 night stay for those living in Metro Sydney and a maximum 5 night stay for those travelling from other areas.