Join us on a regular basis to build your independence, strength, fitness and friendships! Club Sargood makes it easier for those in the community with a disability to engage in fitness, and social and recreational activities.
A Club Sargood membership gives you access to our adaptive gym equipment as well as our resort facilities including our huge range of adaptive sport and recreation equipment.
What do I get with a Club Sargood membership?
We have a huge range of adaptive equipment and technologies, including the leading Human Underarm Resistance (HUR) technology. The HUR machines have a U-shape design and advanced air pressure technology that lowers joint pressure, resulting in a safer, more effective exercise option for people with a disability. The gym is suitable for all abilities and levels of fitness, from experienced gym goers to new starters
Monday/Tuesday/Thursday 8am – 4pm
Wednesday/Friday 8am – 7pm
Saturdays/Sundays 10am – 2pm
Closed on ALL Public Holidays
Resort Facilities at Sargood on Collaroy (Level 1 only) including
- Accessible bathroom with ceiling hoist
- Tea and coffee making facilities
- Community function areas including BBQ facilities.
Complimentary 1-hour Exercise Physiology session for new members
Recreational Equipment use between 9am and 5pm Monday – Sunday (excluding Public Holidays)
Before hiring any equipment, a member must undergo competency training as per our hiring policy and procedure. Please speak to reception about organizing training.
- Beach access wheelchairs
- Hand cycles
- Magic Mobility X8 Extreme 4×4 wheelchairs
Access to social events organised by Club Sargood social committee
Prices and Funding
An annual membership with Club Sargood is $1130.
Funding through icare
icare participants can apply to icare for funding assistance both for a membership and additional one on one sessions with an exercise physiologist.
Funding through the NDIS for Club Sargood membership
Depending on the goals and funding allocation of your plan, you may be able to seek assistance for your membership through the NDIS if you have funds available under
Core Supports: Daily Living: Assistance with Social and Community Participation
|Support Item||Item Number||Qty/Hrs||Rate||Description||Subtotal|
Community, social and recreational activities
|Club Sargood memberships have been specially designed to assist people living with a disability pursue recreational and leisure activities and engage in broader community participation particularly when the participant is at risk of being socially isolated. Inc. access to Level 1 facilities and gymnasium, 1 complimentary session with EP for new members access to adaptive recreational equipment* and all Club Sargood social activities.|
NDIS Support Letter
When creating your new plan or at your annual plan review, you may want to use our support letters to outline our services and how they fit into your NDIS plan.
Sargood on Collaroy suggests you take a copy of our Club Sargood NDIS Support Letter to your planning meeting.
We would also suggest contacting Sargood on Collaroy asking for a quote for your membership and/or exercise physiology sessions.
For more information, contact your NDIS Local Area Coordinator / support coordinator or our bookings team on +61 2 8597 0600.
Extra information about Club Sargood
- Access to adaptive equipment: Access is subject to availability. Equipment must be booked with reception before use and is to be used for a maximum of 1 hour at a time.
- Access to FES stim Motomed: is not included in the Club Sargood memberships. Sessions can be booked with our exercise physiologist at $100 per hour + electrodes.
- Cancellation Policy: Sargood on Collaroy will negotiate with you any opportunities to reschedule supports/services before any cancellation fees are charged. If a scheduled appointment is cancelled within 48 hours the member will be charged the full fee for the cancelled service. If there are unforeseen circumstances or the member is able to produce a medical certificate, the cancellation fees may be waived.
- External trainers and support: Club Sargood members are able to bring their own support workers/carers onsite to assist with their gym sessions at no extra cost. No external therapists/trainers are allowed onsite with Club Sargood members.