Come to Sargood on Collaroy and experience a fishing trip to remember aboard ‘Fishfinder’.
After extensive research we discovered Fishfinder, a fast, 45ft. Harriscraft from Western Australia in full USL 2C, 3C, 1E Survey, powered by a Cummins 450 hp engine. Access to the boat is via hoist from our friends at Sailability Middle Harbour.
When: 8th – 10th March 2019
Duration: 2 nights
Cost: $840/night or $1,200/night (depending on care needs)
Where: Sargood on Collaroy
- Up to 6 hours of fishing time – we’ll search the seas for your perfect catch
- Professional fishing gear: Shimano rod & reel combos including adaptive grip support and electric reel
- Onboard support from our adaptive recreation team
- Premium quality bait
- Fishing licence for the duration of the charter
- Guidance on reef fishing techniques and assistance – from handy tips to untangles
- You keep what you catch! For best results, all fish are cleaned and kept in salt water ice for you to take home
- As this is our first charter, and we are limited by hoist weight restrictions on the wharf, for this trip we are only able to accommodate manual wheelchair users. We are confident that after this first trip we will have a solution to support access for powered wheelchair users.
- Toilet facilities have a lip at the access point (we have photos and are happy to talk you through options for accessing the toilet).
Bring a friend or family member!
We’ve booked the entire boat so if you would like to share this experience with one lucky friend or family member you can. Additional person charge is $100.
|Friday March 8th||Check-in from 2pm
Access to afternoon Weekly Activities Program
5pm: Sunset drinks
|Saturday March 9th||Full day fishing charter
10am – 5pm
*earlier start time is possible pending a group decision.
|Monday March 10th||Check-out 10am|
|$840 wellness package / night||$1,200 wellness and support package / night|
|2 night’s accommodation in deluxe suite (sleeps 4, upgrade to ocean view or family suite available on request at additional charge)||2 night’s accommodation in deluxe suite (sleeps 4, upgrade to ocean view or family suite available on request at additional charge)|
|Full day offshore reef fishing for 1 person (up to 6 hours) in 45ft boat ‘Fishfinder’ including professional fishing gear, premium quality bait, fishing license. Extra person $100 (max 1 person/guest)||Full day offshore reef fishing for 1 person (up to 6 hours) in 45ft boat ‘Fishfinder’ including professional fishing gear, premium quality bait, fishing license. Extra person $100 (max 1 person/guest)|
|Adaptive fishing gear including grip support and electric reel and support from our adaptive recreation team||Adaptive fishing gear including grip support and electric reel and support from our adaptive recreation team|
|Fishing guidance and assistance : You keep what you catch – with assistance provided to clean and prepare all fish caught||Fishing guidance and assistance: You keep what you catch – with assistance provided to clean and prepare all fish caught|
|No care included||Up to 6 hours of Attendant care per day|
To book: Please contact Sargood on Collaroy on (02) 8597 0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent a booking form after your inquiry which you will need to return to confirm your place in the course.
Please note: you must be living in the community to apply to attend any of the courses run at Sargood on Collaroy. If you are currently an inpatient at a health facility then unfortunately you are not eligible to apply.