Rewalk @ Sargood
2 Day Course
*FULLY BOOKED* Please get in contact with us if you are interested in future ReWalk Courses.
Come to Sargood on Collaroy and experience the ReWalk!
ReWalk is a wearable robotic exoskeleton that provides powered hip and knee motion to enable individuals with spinal cord injury (SCI) to stand upright, walk, turn, and climb and descend stairs. The system allows independent, controlled walking while mimicking the natural gait pattern of the legs.
Our 2 day course @ Sargood on Collaroy will allow our guests to train to use the ReWalk 6.0 Personal Unit with a certified & experienced ReWalk practitioner. Not only will the guests have a memorable and exciting experience they will also get a better understanding of the device and if it is suits their lifestyle.
To participate in this course the following prerequisites must be met by the guest:
- Hands and shoulders can support crutches or a walker
- Bone Density Scan (within the last 12 months)
- Medical Clearance from their GP (a medical Clearance form will be provided from Sargood)
- Height is between 160 cm and 190 cm (5′ 3″ – 6′ 2″)
- Weight does not exceed 100 kg (220 lbs)
The following are contraindications for using the ReWalk:
- Severe concurrent medical diseases: infections, circulatory, heart or lung, pressure sores
- Severe spasticity
- Poor passive range in Lower Limbs
- Unstable spine or unhealed limbs or pelvic fractures
- Heterotopic ossification
- Significant contractures
|Friday 9th Nov||Check in 2 pm
Welcome drinks and Nibbles 5pm
|Saturday 10th Nov||2 hour Training session with certified ReWalk Practitioner involving:
Education on the device
Session times: Sessions will be allocated to each participant between 8am and 4 pm
|Sunday 11th Nov||Check out 10 am
2 hour Training session with certified ReWalk Practitioner involving:
Revision from Day 1
Large amount of time walking in the ReWalk
Turning, stopping and using the controls
Backflip practiceSession times: Sessions will be allocated to each participant between 8am and 4 pm