Scuba is back! Join us for one of our most popular courses.
The RAIDaptive Course is designed to teach individuals living with a disability to become certified divers with the goal of using certified RAIDaptive Dive Buddies to compensate for those skills that they cannot independently perform.
When: Sunday 26 March to Saturday 1 April 2023
Please note there is some eligibility criteria in addition to a Medical clearance from a registered diving Doctor.
Participants need to provide own wetsuit, booties, mask and snorkel. We have created a special pack including a custom made wetsuit, mask, snorkel + additional equipment available for purchase.
Important notes for course participant:
- Must provide own wetsuit, booties, mask and snorkel
- Must obtain specific medical clearance from dive doctor
- Daily lunch provided
- Online modules to be completed prior to course commencement
The cost of participating in this course is included in your nightly package rate.
Please note that you are unable to participate in our weekly activities program or 1:1 therapy sessions while you are a participant on a course at Sargood on Collaroy.
As this course requires extra assistance for negotiated activities, we require all participants to stay on the Wellness & High Support Package ($1300/night) as a minimum package.
- Designation 1 (D1) – The student must be able to perform all skills independently with the exception of Entries and Exits
- Designation 2 (D2)– The student must be able to perform all skills independently with the exception of Entries, Exits, Emergency Ascents, Maintaining Positive Buoyancy at the surface by oral inflation of the BCD
- Designation 3 (D3) – The student must be able to breathe continuously and monitor gas supply. The student will require assistance with all other aspects of diving.
To become a certified RAIDaptive Open Water diver, the participant’s need to have basic swimming skills, be comfortable in the water, and should be in good overall health, have a mature attitude, sound judgment and self-discipline to follow the guidelines that they will be taught for safe diving.
|Sunday March 26th||Guest Check-in|
|Monday March 27th||RAIDaptive Course (Theory and Pool)|
|Tuesday March 28th||RAIDaptive Course (Pool)|
|Wednesday March 29th||RAIDaptive Course (Pool)|
|Thursday March 30th||RAIDaptive Course (Ocean)|
|Friday March 31st||RAIDaptive Course (Ocean)|
|Saturday April 1st||Check-out 10am|
Register your interest now
Please contact Sargood on Collaroy on (02) 8597 0600 or click the button below to fill out a Registered Interest Form. Please note this is not a booking confirmation, we will be in contact regarding this course.
You must be living in the community to apply to attend any of the courses run at Sargood on Collaroy. If you are currently an inpatient at a health facility then unfortunately you are not eligible to apply.