Discover your full potential during this intensive 4-day career workshop run from Sargood on Collaroy and delivered by In-Voc, a specialist vocational rehabilitation service. Benefit from the expertise and skills of In-Voc’s vocational consultants who are dedicated to working with clients who have sustained a spinal cord injury to explore work, study and volunteering opportunities. Join us to hear from Dr Jim Bright, career development expert, and be inspired by Michelina Pelosi as she shares her personal experience of successfully navigating the world of work with an SCI. In-Voc is proudly operated by Royal Rehab and funded by icare. Places are limited so we encourage you to book early!
When: 6th – 11th May 2019
Duration: 5 nights
Cost: $840/night or $1,200/night (depending on care needs)
Where: Sargood on Collaroy
- Meet Dr Jim Bright: career development expert, author, researcher and career columnist for the Sydney Morning Herald. Engage in entertaining discussion about the complexity and chaos of careers in the modern world of work
- Meet Michelina Pelosi: humanitarian, educator and professional speaker with lived experience with SCI and be inspired by her career journey in several different jobs
- Participate in a self-exploration activity to develop your own personal “Career Circle” to assist with future vocation planning
- Explore your interests to develop further insight into potential work options, industries and career pathways
- Learn how to identify and recognise skills and their application to other roles
- Find out the work aspects you consider important in a job and how this can impact on future direction
- Consider your learning style and discover how studying can assist to develop new skills and knowledge
- Discuss the benefits of connecting in with your community to widen networks and create opportunities
- Engage in discussions and share experiences about how to maintain balance between work, other life roles and managing SCI
- Learn how work experience and volunteering can provide an excellent opportunity to trial different jobs, meet new people, develop skills and participate in a gradual return to work
- Chat about job seeking and what you may or may not need to disclose about your disability depending on job criteria and location
- Connect with people currently living with SCI who are in the workforce in many different role
|$840 wellness package / night||$1,200 wellness and support package / night|
|Intensive 4-day career workshop (Tuesday – Friday) deliverd by In-Voc, an SCI specialist vocational rehabilitation service||Intensive 4-day career workshop (Tuesday – Friday) deliverd by In-Voc, an SCI specialist vocational rehabilitation service|
|5 night’s accommodation in deluxe suite (sleeps 4, upgrade to ocean view or family suite available on request at additional charge)||5 night’s accommodation in deluxe suite (sleeps 4, upgrade to ocean view or family suite available on request at additional charge)|
|Monday (Check in 2pm) followed evening welcome drinks and nibbles||Monday (Check in 2pm) followed evening welcome drinks and nibbles|
|Daily catered lunch||Daily catered lunch|
|Use of all onsite adaptive equipment||Use of all onsite adaptive equipment|
|No care included||Up to 6 hours of care per day|
To book: Please contact Sargood on Collaroy on (02) 8597 0600 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be sent a booking form after your inquiry which you will need to return to confirm your place in the course.
Please note: you must be living in the community to apply to attend any of the courses run at Sargood on Collaroy. If you are currently an inpatient at a health facility then unfortunately you are not eligible to apply.
Register your interest now
Please contact Sargood on Collaroy on (02) 8597 0600 or click the button below to fill out a Registered Interest Form. Please note this is not a booking confirmation, we will be in contact regarding this course.
You must be living in the community to apply to attend any of the courses run at Sargood on Collaroy. If you are currently an inpatient at a health facility then unfortunately you are not eligible to apply.