Are you trying to find your way into the workforce?
Sargood on Collaroy is taking applications from people with SCI looking to develop work-related skills, gain workplace experience, and build their resumé to join our team as interns. There will be two paid internship positions in the first half of 2023, 8-12 weeks in duration. Financial support for accommodation is available for those who would find it too difficult to travel from home each day to be on site, as is support for any adaptive equipment that may be required to fulfil the role.
For more information, take a look at the job advertisement and position description which are both attached.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Sargood on Collaroy, located on Sydney’s beautiful Northern Beaches, is a world first resort purpose built for people living with Spinal Cord Injury. We provide Short Term Accommodation and Assistance and Accessible Holidays with a team of qualified and dedicated staff, breathtaking ocean views and access to world-class facilities and activities. Club Sargood is located on site at Sargood on Collaroy and provides allied health services to guests and community clients.
The facility is proudly operated by Royal Rehab, Australia’s leading provider of rehabilitation and disability services.
A career at Sargood on Collaroy is both rewarding and unlike any other and is an opportunity to make a difference with an iconic organisation. We pride ourselves on our skilled workforce which is committed to delivering the very best for the people we serve. Representing a broad range of different professions, our people are united by our values of honesty, respect, working together and innovative thinking and are inspired by a commitment to clinical excellence, education and research, and personalised care.
Your main Duties will include:
- Working on and completing a service development project within the allotted internship period. Project ideas from applicants are welcomed during the application process, otherwise these can be allocated based on service development needs already identified by Sargood on Collaroy staff. The final choice of project will be at the discretion of Sargood on Collaroy management.
- Assisting in the day-to-day running of Sargood on Collaroy as appropriate to the skills and abilities of the intern.
- Interacting with guests and engaging in knowledge sharing on an ad-hoc, informal, peer-to-peer basis.
- Advising Sargood on Collaroy staff regarding aspects of service development and delivery, based on their lived experience as a person with SCI.
We seek a self-motivated and friendly individual with:
- A spinal cord injury
- Motivated to enter the workforce, and able to articulate how an internship at Sargood on Collaroy assists in their plan to do so.
- Able to work 16-20 hours per week for 8-12 weeks, on-site at Sargood on Collaroy
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively – both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
Download the job description or apply now through the links below!