22. Feedback, Suggestions, compliments and complaints
22.1 Procedure for receiving compliments
• Compliments are welcomed are usually received:
o in person,
o over the telephone,
o in writing,
o as part of our feedback form sent after every stay,
o through the feedback app located at reception
• Where formal compliments are received regarding a member of staff or a service from a guest, client or relevant other these should be brought to the attention of the investigating manager.
• The investigating manager should personally acknowledge the staff member(s) involved and refer the compliment on as required.
• Compliments are shared at staff meetings.
22.2 Procedure for receiving formal and non-formal complaints
• Sargood on Collaroy welcomes complaints; they are considered as valuable feedback for the service to continually improve and develop.
• Guests, clients, visitors and their families, advocates and substitute/supported decision-makers have a right to raise complaints regarding the services, and to have their complaints dealt with promptly and in a positive way.
• Guests, clients, visitors and their families, advocates and substitute decision-makers who make a complaint are valued and should not fear retribution.
• Complaints are welcomed are usually received:
• in person,
• over the telephone,
• in writing,
• as part of our feedback form sent after every stay,
• through the feedback app located at reception
• Staff at all levels must accept complaints and know what action they can take to resolve them.
• All complaints are to be forwarded to the relevant manager, who will be known as the Investigating Manager.
• Complaints are referred to the next level of management when the matter is outside delegation or is unresolved.
• Informal complaints or simple matters of concern should be dealt with by the site staff involved where possible, with support from the manager. However, for more serious matters or those with broader implications for Sargood on Collaroy and the organization, the General Manager will notify the Quality, Risk and Compliance Manager, and relevant members of the Executive to participate in the resolution.
• In cases where the complainant does not feel comfortable in making a complaint to those directly delivering the service, the appropriate manager should be notified to speak to the complainant.
• In cases where the complainant does not feel comfortable in making a complaint to the manager, complaints can be made to the Royal Rehab Quality and Risk Manager via firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If responses from the Sargood General Manager or Royal Rehab are not considered adequate by the complainant, the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission can be contacted by calling 1800 035 544 or visiting www.ndiscommission.gov.au.