20. Code of Conduct
For the benefit of guests, neighbours and staff, we have a Code of Conduct to help everyone enjoy their stay.
Sargood on Collaroy agrees to:
• Listen to you and learn about what you want and need and support you to make decisions and choices.
• Provide the best available supports/services appropriate to your needs, including consulting with you on decisions about how supports/services are provided.
• Engage others who are important to you (as you wish), and together we will support you to achieve the goals and aspirations you identify.
• Obtain consent before commencing supports/services.
• Once agreed, provide supports that meet your needs.
• Regularly review the provision of supports with you.
• Communicate openly and honestly and in a timely manner.
• Treat you with courtesy, dignity and respect.
• Treat personal information in a confidential manner and protect your privacy.
• Keep current and accurate records of supports/services provided.
• Provide you with information about managing any complaints or disagreements.
• Listen to your feedback and resolve problems quickly.
• Give you notice if we must change or cancel a scheduled appointment to provide supports. Where possible another appointment will be scheduled to a time that is suitable to you.
• Give you notice if we need to end a Service Level Agreement or cancel a booking.
• Take reasonable steps to confirm your safety.
• Provide staff with adequate training to meet your service requests and requirements.
• Provide supports in a manner consistent with all relevant laws e.g. National Disability Insurance Scheme Act 2013 and rules, and the Australian Consumer Law.
• Inform you of our role in teaching and training students/new staff members and to ask for your consent where it is proposed that a student/ new staff member be involved in your supports/services.
• Issue regular invoices and statements of the supports delivered.
You agree to:
• Inform Sargood on Collaroy of how you wish the supports/services to be delivered.
• Treat Sargood on Collaroy staff and other guests with courtesy and respect.
• Work with Sargood on Collaroy to put your plan into action; this may include recommendations from your support team.
• Ask questions if you are unsure about your supports being provided or you have any concerns.
• Pay any fees associated with your supports/services promptly (you will be advised of these before the supports/service commences).
• Give Sargood on Collaroy reasonable notice if you need to end a Service Level Agreement or cancel a booking and follow our Cancellation Policy and Procedures.
• If applicable, let Sargood on Collaroy know immediately if your NDIS plan is suspended or replaced by a new NDIS plan or you stop being a participant in the NDIS.
• Allow Sargood on Collaroy, at the commencement of supports/services, to work with you to identify any risks that may affect staff, others or you, and to cooperate with all reasonable actions to minimise negative risk and enhance positive opportunities.
• Refrain from making noise in an apartment or on your/communal balconies after 9pm.
• Refrain from using abusive language or actions.
• Follow staff direction and adhere to responsible service of alcohol.
• Under no circumstances use of or be in possession of illicit substances.
• Do not consume alcoholic beverages on the outdoor terrace after 9pm.
• Be aware that wilful damage to property will incur full costs of repair, replacement, cleaning and staff time.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions you are agreeing to the Code of Conduct.