16. Equipment Hire Policy
16.1 General Conditions of Use
• All bookings and enquiries are to be made through Reception at Sargood on Collaroy between the hours of 9am-4pm.
• If assistance is required to transfer in or out of the equipment, a booking must be made for assistance at the same time as booking the equipment.
• Cost of hiring equipment is included in the price of the guest’s accommodation and Club Sargood memberships.
• You can hire equipment for 1 hour per day subject to availability between 9am – 5pm.
• Use of equipment after 5pm is at staff discretion and must be returned by 8pm.
• Equipment must always be returned to a staff member. Equipment should never be kept in guest’s rooms.
• Sargood on Collaroy has insurance for public liability/risk and any other matters relevant to the purpose for which the equipment will be used; to the value of $50,000,000.
• The transportation of equipment to other locations is the responsibility of the hirer, who must ensure that the handling of the equipment is undertaken with due care.
• Sargood on Collaroy will not be responsible for any costs associated with the set-up, removal or transport of the equipment.
• Persons are not permitted to make any alterations or additions to Sargood on Collaroy’s equipment.
• The hirer is not authorised to sub-hire or loan Sargood on Collaroy’s equipment to any other group during the term of the hire agreement.
• The hirer must have completed the ‘Hiring of Equipment Procedure’ and have been approved to use equipment.
• Guest Equipment Hire Approvals are only valid for 12 months.
• Guest Equipment Hire Approvals must be completed by a Program Coordinator or a Recreation Assistant.
• At Sargood on Collaroy’s reasonable demand, the hirer must pay for any damage to the facility and/or equipment or other items supplied by Sargood on Collaroy, which at any time may be found to be missing, damaged or damaged beyond repair or destroyed. Please note that the cost of equipment varies up to $30,000.
• Before hiring the piece of equipment, the Guest must sign the equipment hire agreement, and then sign it again with reception upon return.
16.2 Responsibilities of Sargood On Collaroy in relation to equipment hire:
• Sargood on Collaroy reserves the right to deny a request to hire.
• A register of bookings for equipment will be maintained by Sargood on Collaroy.
• Sargood on Collaroy will provide instruction and assure that hirer completes the Hiring of Equipment Procedure before using equipment.
• Sargood on Collaroy will undertake an inspection of equipment prior and post the hire period.
• In the event of damage to equipment being identified post hire, Sargood on Collaroy will provide the hirer with details of the findings and the costs for repair or replacement of the equipment.
• Sargood on Collaroy are responsible for the general maintenance of all equipment.