14. Assistance Animals
Sargood on Collaroy is happy to accommodate guests travelling with an assistance animal. If you have an assistance animal, and are visiting from another state, please note that you will still need to follow the Sargood on Collaroy policy (found on our website), which adheres to NSW law as stated by the Office of Local Government.
Before your assistance animal is allowed onsite at Sargood on Collaroy you must adhere to the terms below:
• Provide proof of accreditation (must have a medallion on their collar with the registration number and/or the owner must also carry a laminated pass).
• Assistance animals are required to be harnessed and wearing their bibs in all public areas within Sargood on Collaroy.
• Assistance animals must not urinate or defecate anywhere inside the building. They must be taken outside, and all faeces removed and placed in a rubbish bin after being sealed in a plastic bag (Sargood on Collaroy can assist with this).
• Only animal water and food bowls are to be used for your assistance animal. Sargood on Collaroy has some available upon request.
• Assistance animals must not cause harm to another person, animal or property.
• Assistance animals must not disturb other guests by causing noise such as barking or scratching.
• Assistance animals must not sleep on beds, couches or furniture in the guest room or common areas. You may bring a clean animal bed or ask staff if one is available to borrow. This is important for the sake of other guests that will use the property and may have allergies. Specific rooms may be allocated for those with assistance animals to aid in the comfort of others.
It is unlawful to impose a charge on a person to enter a place open to, or used by the public, only because the person is accompanied by an assistance animal unless:
• it is reasonably necessary to supply additional accommodation for the animal and a reasonable charge is applied for that accommodation, OR
• the owner, or person in charge, of the place reasonably incurs additional expense because the animal is present, the charge is reasonable in the circumstances and is charged to compensate for the expense. This means any cost incurred by Sargood on Collaroy as a result of additional cleaning, property replacement or any other damages caused physically or to our reputation, due to this policy not being adhered to, will be passed onto the guest with the accompanying assistance animal.